Registration opens on August 4 for returning members and August 17 for new members. Please read the following information carefully before registering.
2020-2021 Registration News
We’re back in the pool and it’s time to start thinking about the new season!
There are a handful of changes for the new season. Existing members and new members alike, there are a handful of things you’ll want to know.
1. We will be training as a sport cohort. Alberta.ca has a well written description if you want more information. The short and sweet of it is, we can train in close proximity, as a group of no more than 50 if we follow several preventative measures. Firstly, if you show any COVID symptoms, take a break from the pool & self isolate until you are healthy. Secondly, you cannot belong to multiple sport cohorts. This is important. We plan to intentionally train without physical distancing. Should any one person be sick, we are certainly at a higher risk of spreading it. By returning to swimming you agree to refrain from any other sporting groups where physical distancing is not maintained, and you agree to pay attention to your body and potential symptoms. To come back to swimming we all need to share the responsibility of looking after one another.
2. If you get sick, and symptoms are inline with COVID get tested. Refrain from swimming and self isolate until you’ve received a negative test result or you’ve fully recovered. If you do test positive, let the Exec know ASAP. If an individual gets sick, we can pause workouts for that cohort and follow Alberta Health Services guidance to help limit the spread. The best thing we can do is be proactive. There is no penalty for admitting you got sick. Be honest, up front and timely about it, and we can help keep team members healthy.
3. There will be no flex memberships or flexibility to swim in different groups. This is to do with the sport cohorts already mentioned. We need to keep separation between cohorts.
4. We’ll have the usual 3 groups. Early Bird, Mid Morning and Evenings. Currently, each group will have four, one hour workouts a week. Sport cohort guidelines cap group sizes to 50 people. Repsol rules cap our attendance to 40. We will continue with individual workout sign up as we’re doing today, to ensure you have a reserved space when you arrive at the pool.
5. Practice times will be different than last season. Repsol is currently booking 1 hour time slots, with half hour breaks to allow for groups to get on and off the deck. Evenings will not be 1.5h workouts for the foreseeable future. There will be no shared weekend practises. The Exec is doing our best to book regular, repeating workout times but we may not get our first picks when all teams are back in the pool in September. We are shooting for:
– Early Morning: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat mornings
– Mid Morning: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun mornings
– Evenings: Tue, Thur evenings. Sat and Sun midday
6. Repsol, municipal, provincial, federal and sport association guidelines could change through the season. It’s a balancing act. The Exec will work to keep you informed of changes to practises throughout the season. All of these points are subject to change and hopefully, we can reduce restrictions through the season.
7. Lastly, we are charging for memberships in two payments. Half will be due at registration. This gives the Exec the flexibility to issue refunds if there is another significant pool closure.
Registration for existing members is Aug 4-16. Registration is through active.com. If your preferred group fills up and you’re able to swim at a different time, please consider it. Also, if your preferred group fills up, email the Registrar at email@example.com right away. I might not respond immediately, but I will be creating a waitlist.
Associate memberships are available for anyone not interested in returning to the pool quite yet, who would like to receive all club correspondence.
If you are an existing member looking to take a pause from swimming until the covid situation improves, please email the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will also be creating a waitlist for members looking to wait out the storm.
Registration for new members will be available through a link on the CMSC webpage Aug 17. Registration is through active.com. Cost for new members is $700 for the year, paid in two installments of $350. We always have had room for some new members, and we look forward to inviting you to the team!