The LTAD framework is based on the principle of continuous improvement, both in its dynamic evolution and in its application. The concept of continuous improvement is drawn from the respected Japanese industrial philosophy known as Kaizen.
The LTAD framework is the guiding principle for sports clubs and sporting facility administrators throughout Canada.
CMSC’s swimmers are squarely in the Competitive for Life phase:
- Minimum of 60 minutes moderate daily activity or 30 minutes of intense activity for adults
- Transfer from one sport to another
- Move from highly competitive sport to lifelong competitive sport including age group competition
- Embrace an active lifestyle by participating in organized sport that may be unfamiliar
- Compete at a high level in age-group competitions such as Masters Games