- This event has passed.
March 1, 2015 @ 09:15 - 13:00$30
What is the S5000 challenge?
- This event is the equivalent of a “fun run” …but for swimming!
We have great volunteers who will time you as you complete one of three distances:
- 1500m (New in 2015!)
Where can I register?
- Register on our website at www.goldfinsmasters.ca/s5000-challenge
- Register by February 1st to receive a free gift (it’s not gonna be t-shirts this
How much does it cost?
- $30 (the cost has remained frozen since inception)
Where does this money go?
- The registration fee covers the cost of pool rental, lifeguards, swim caps,
supplies, and food.
2015 Individual Events
Participants are asked to select one of three target distances: 1500m, 2500m, or 5000m.
The target distance may be changed at any time (including during the swim!). Swimmers are permitted to swim any distance they like within the alotted timeframe, however organizers will only record finish times for the official target distances.
- Pre-registration will guarantee your participation in the event and is strongly encouraged. Walk-up registrations on event day are not guaranteed, and will only be accepted if spots are open in the appropriate lanes (i.e., to match pace of other swimmers).
- The guaranteed pre-registration deadline is February 15th, 2015. Online registrations submitted after that date are subject to lane availability and are not guaranteed.
- Registration is not considered complete until payment is made.
- The individual entry fee for 2015 is $30. Payments will be accepted by cheque or credit card (via PayPal).
- The event is open to all swimmers aged 14+.
- Organizers reserve the right to limit the number of entries to the event.
- Groups of 5-6 individual swimmers may request a designated lane to swim together.
- Smaller groups (2-4 swimmers) will be accommodated, however other swimmers will be assigned to the lane as well.