Members must register/book practice times for any practice hosted by CMSC throughout the 2021-2022 season. This is for contact tracing purposes. Please remember the following (updated September 2021):
- Members must only book practices in their own session (unless you are a flex member) except for weekends when you can book any practice
- Flex memberships begin Sept 1, 2021
- There will be a maximum of 5 swimmers per lane.
- There will be a maximum of 40 swimmers per practice (5 per lane).
- Swimmers must follow the practice booking guidelines (see practice reservation)
- Check your emails for detailed information on practice schedules and new procedures/developments.
Procedures & Rules for Joining Practices
- You must enter the building no earlier than 15 minutes before practice and leave Repsol no later than 15 minutes after practice. Maintain 2m physical distance when possible and wear a mask.
- Changerooms are now available. Stay 2m apart at all times and wear a mask.
- Use the “cancel” button on your booking confirmation or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel a practice. Email the same address if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Do not attend if you answer YES to any questions on the self-assessment (below).
- Use swipe card at back gate to enter pool. For new members, enter through the front gate and let customer service know you are with Calgary Masters Swim Club.
CMSC’s Current Vaccine Guidelines
On September 15, 2021 the Government of Alberta implemented new public health measures to protect the health care system. Repsol Sport Centre (RSC) has made the decision to operate under the Restrictions Exemption Program. See details HERE. As such, beginning Monday, September 20, 2021 all Annual Members, Limited Members and program participants (including Sport Partners such as CMSC) must have received at least their first vaccination 2 weeks before the time of visit.
The whole policy can be viewed HERE.
There are three options to comply with the new COVID requirements in order to enter Repsol.
1. Proof of vaccine: There are several acceptable ways to show your vaccine status. Paper records were distributed with vaccinations. A photo of this paperwork can be kept handy on your phone. A digital card should be available to download online Sunday Sept 19 from https://myhealth.alberta.ca/myhealthrecords. There will be challenges downloading the digital card on Sunday as 4 million Albertans try to access the webpage. Don’t hesitate to use your paper copy as a suitable alternative for the near term.
2. Medical exemption: This is a signed doctor’s note. If this option fits your situation, please contact your doctor to set up an appointment as soon as possible. Until you have documentation, you will unfortunately need to provide results of COVID test.
3. Negative COVID test results: This includes results from either a PCR and rapid test. Tests must be paid for by yourself. AHS, Repsol and CMSC explicitly will not pay this for you. Results of a test conducted within 72 hours of each workout is required. Tests are not available at Repsol. There are several options in Calgary, so please conduct your own research.
Calgary Masters Swim Club (CMSC) is operating under the Restrictions Exemption Program. The Exec will begin collecting vaccination information on September 20 when we hand out access cards. Please be prepared to show one of the three required forms of documentation for each workout you attend while these rules are in effect.
In addition to the above:
- If you are feeling ill – do not come to practice.
- Continue to register for practices online, this assists us with contact tracing.
- If you have an active case of COVID-19 and attended practices, you must disclose this information to the CMSC executive.
CMSC executive will continue to revisit this stance throughout the season and will alter based on any policy changes by our governing bodies.